September 24, 2003

I MET HOWARD DEAN AND AM PROFOUNDLY CHANGED FOR THE BETTER

Calling out to those of you, buried deep in apathy and cynicism....

I've got great news for you!

HOWARD DEAN IS THE REAL DEAL!!

Jonah and I began the evening as our usual half cynical, half idealistic selves until...
we heard Howard Dean speak!

DEAN proved that he is SMART, SINCERE, THE PERFECT BALANCE OF THOUGHTFUL AND ASSERTIVE, PASSIONATE YET PRACTICAL, IMPRESSIVELY QUICK ON HIS FEET, KNOWS HOW TO SPRINKLE CHARM AND HUMOUR IN THE MOST MEANINGFUL AND APPROPRIATE MOMENTS AND FINALLY...IS TRULY INSPIRING. WIDOWER AND WIDOWER..OR WIDOWER AND WIDOWEE...I SOUND LIKE GEORGE BUSH NOW...FACT AND THEORY...HIS AIDE SAID, WHEN WE MOVE INTO THE WHITE HOUSE, I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE IT'S REALLY WELL FURNISHED...JONAH PERETTI, YOU ARE MY #1 MAN, HOWARD DEAN IS EASILY MY #2 GUY.<--!>

After he spoke, I bee-lined with everyone else to have a moment with him.

I thanked him for inspiring me and asked if I could take a picture of us for my blog.

I reached out my arm and took this picture of the two of us together.

As I revelled in delight at having this prime photo opportunity, I heard Howard Dean say, "ON THE BLOG IT GOES!!"

AndreaandHowardDean.jpg

THE AMOUNT RAISED BY THE END OF THIS MONTH WILL GREATLY DETERMINE THE FUTURE OF THE DEAN CAMPAIGN SO IF YOU WANT TO AFFECT POSITIVE CHANGE YOU CAN DONATE WHAT YOU ARE WILLING AND ABLE THROUGH THESE TWO HOWARD DEAN SITES:

DEAN FOR AMERICA and BLOG FOR AMERICA

It's a damn shame that we're limited to contributing $2000 per person because I keep trying to contribute more than that amount but keep getting reprimanded for attempting to go over the legal limit!! J/K!! J/K!!

What a refreshing change of political outlook to feel hopeful and happy...

THANK YOU HOWARD DEAN.

Comments

Way to go Andrea! I was at a bushwacking house party the other weekend and participated in a conference call with 2,400 people. Dean responded to questions on his cell phone while riding in a van somewhere in Iowa. Talk about multi-tasking - he was relaxed, sincere, inspiring. I am excited that you have a photo of yourself with the futuure leader of the free world. Bring me along when you visit the White House.

Posted by: Della at September 24, 2003 1:30 AM

My favorite part about this picture is the woman directly behind you, who's swooning like she just met a Beatle or something!

Posted by: Paul at September 24, 2003 9:41 AM

Heather, that was absolutely STIRRING, MOVING, and INSPIRING.

Honestly, I was so impressed by your Howard Dean friendster-style testimonial that I went to his site and made a small contribution. I was more disappointed that I couldn't use my corporate Amex than the $2000 limit. (JK! JK Niki! JK!)

GO DEAN!

Posted by: Heather at September 24, 2003 10:36 AM

So I've got a piece of insider info for Dre's loyal fans....

1. The woman in the background is not swooning..she's excited that the Gov is obviously so well received by Dre and the audience. She is a lead advance person for the Gov.

2. How do I know? I work for Gov. Dean.

Dre's got friends in HIGH places. You've GOT the POWER, baby!

Posted by: Joshua at September 24, 2003 10:38 AM

Oh Shit! My bad! The sun on my computer didn't let me see the woman on the left. SHE IS SWOONING! I was talking about the woman on the right in my entry.

The Gov certainly gets treated like a rock star on the road. Hey Dre, nice entry on the Gov too. Inspiring people to help the campaign at this crucial time is incredibly important. This is when we will leap over the competition and the campaign needs ALL OF YOU to express yourself! Blog, donate, volunteer, organize events...anything! The only reason the Governor is in lead position now is because of people like Dre expressing her opinions to her friends and family. The word will spread....

Posted by: Joshua at September 24, 2003 10:45 AM

YO! I'm jealous and stuff.

I've been a Dean dude for quite a while. I was in a meeting with Joe Trippi months ago when no one had heard of the guy. I remember he kept saying, "This thing is going to be huge" and I was thinking, "yeah right, Howard who?".

Now i'm a true believer.

BTW, I design and develop the Dean.tv (www.howarddean.tv) site (via my employer Wavexpress), check it out if you have a decent connection and a fairly new system. You can DL lots of video of the Gov telling it like it is and taking this country back and whatnot.

Posted by: twhid at September 24, 2003 10:49 AM

Dean needs to make a T-shirt out of this photo. It has just the right mix of ardent admirers. And Andrea's dentist should use it as a commercial for her services. That is a beautiful set of choppers. Your dentist isn't a Republican, is she?

Posted by: fan club at September 24, 2003 10:55 AM

Cook-ie...you continue to inspire me!-I actually went to HD's site too...looked up how to get involved (I think I may be doing some campaign volunteer work!) and became an official NYC voter!-Good times...I'm hopeful too!-Thanks for reminding us that we don't necessarily have to be stuck with a mindless twit of 'leader' for very much longer!-cheers...cheers...

Posted by: Liz Slagus at September 24, 2003 11:15 AM

OK, I like that t-shirt idea. Link that shit to Cafe Press and I'd definitely buy an "andreaharner.com for Dean!" t-shirt. Heath, you could donate all the proceeds. Or use them to go shopping. I'd prefer you donate them but I know how a girl needs to buy something pretty every now and again.

Posted by: Heather at September 24, 2003 11:26 AM

How tall is he?

Posted by: Fucking Paul Ohan at September 24, 2003 12:39 PM

Hi! Great story--but don't go over the limit; the campaign could get in trouble.

BC

Posted by: Bill Cooper at September 25, 2003 6:10 AM

Isn't finally being inspired by a candidate for the White House a beautiful thing? Yeah, but here's what we all have to do now: start turning on democratic friends who are on the fence, holding out for GWC, etc. especially people outside of NYC!

Posted by: Maj_Hap at September 25, 2003 7:42 AM

After andreaharner.com's ringing endorsement of the Dean campaign, I'll be honest, I got pretty amped. I'm as disillusioned as they come, but the thought of a man like Howard Dean in the White House made me feel like participating in the system once again. Excited, I went to howardean.com. That's where the other shoe dropped. Dean SUPPORTS THE DEATH PENALTY. Sure he mitigates his support with phrases like "extreme cases" and "heinous crimes," but he still supports capital punishment.

Andreaharner.com, this is why I voted for Nader in 2000. What should I do?

Posted by: Dean Downer at September 25, 2003 12:39 PM

Sorry about the double posting... itchy trigger finger. I guess I was excited to discover that I wasn't the only one to vote for Nader. Wooohooo!!

Posted by: Melissa at September 26, 2003 6:43 PM

Dean Downer & Melissa,

Hate to state the obvious but look at where voting for Nader got us.

It's time to accept the reality that someone like Nader will not get elected in the near future.

In light of this, we need to throw our weight behind a strong candidate like Howard Dean. He may be more moderate than Nader but he is more left than a lot of his fellow running mates. Most importantly, Howard Dean has both integrity AND a realistic chance of becoming our next president.

Posted by: Andrea at September 26, 2003 10:47 PM

Was this photo taken at Avalon?

Posted by: Dean Fan at September 30, 2003 3:31 PM

Dean Fan,

This was actually taken at Opia!

Thanks,
Andrea, a fellow Dean Fan

Posted by: Andrea at September 30, 2003 3:35 PM

I met Governor Dean in Boulder today, and I have to agree, he IS the real deal!!!!!! I'm telling everyone I know about the Governor and hope for the future. (And btw...I did a bit of swooning myself!!!) Yow!

Posted by: Beth at October 28, 2003 8:41 PM