September 21, 2004

World's Smallest Woman

I didn't post yesterday because of a little known condition called 'Posting Paralysis.' It's the blogger equivalent to 'Writer's Block.' How do I thoughtfully, sensitively, comically post about the world's smallest woman on display in a box at the San Gennaro Fair in Little Italy?

A day later and after much head scratching, my commentary will still suck. Just know for the record that I don't condone this however I have fulfilled my duties as your investigative blogger.

The World's Smallest Woman sign is on the left. The woman on the right is in no way related to her.

worldssmallestwoman.jpg

This is Educational.

worldssmallestwoman2.jpg

Are all cultural exhibits supposed to make us feel sad and uncomfortable? You may recall my friend Cameron who has found himself in poopier situations.

worldssmallestwoman1.jpg

There's her master, husband, supervisor, soulmate, pimp, I have no idea...collecting $1 from adults and .50 cents from children for the educational, cultural exhibit.

worldssmallestwoman3.jpg

Doesn't she look happy with her little amenities...chair, TV, picture frames, and a smiling Dan on her right?

worldssmallestwoman6.jpg

Oh, there we go! Thumbs up! That's what I was thinking...Thumps Up! Way Up and Up and Up!!

worldssmallestwoman7.jpg

Comments

After viewing this entry I feel dirty. And NOT in the good way.

Posted by: Heather at September 21, 2004 2:01 PM

I just want to know what the "$10,000 REWARD if not ALIVE & in PERSON" is for (4th photo.) Is that a bounty on her life?

Posted by: kc at September 21, 2004 3:09 PM

No way! I was going to post on this, Jonah didn't tell you about the hour I stood there, clinging a sweaty dollar in my hand debating the moral questions surrounding such an event?

In the end I snapped the pix of the signs and left.

Posted by: chelsea at September 21, 2004 3:54 PM

what's a sweaty dollar?

Posted by: F-PaulOhan at September 22, 2004 4:39 PM

I can't believe Cameron still wears flip flops. What a brave, brave man.

Posted by: Binnie at September 23, 2004 12:48 PM

Hey, Chelsea. Chelsea! Found you again.

Peek-a-boodle-doo!

I don't think Andrea'll mind. Just in case, I'll keep it short and stumpy.

Othermost,
Dennis

Posted by: Dennis Quinn at September 24, 2004 12:47 PM

Andrea: I am so sorry. Dennis' whole thing is that he finds comments I put on other people's blogs, and then he writes letters to me there. It's sort of like having an entourage all up in the comment "club".

Or stalking. It's also like stalking.

Posted by: Chelsea at September 28, 2004 3:49 PM

Chelsea,

You need to be afraid...and stop whatever you did/do to get yourself a stalker! If you're physically being stalked you just move into a hotel but what's the equivalent action online??!! I'm free to brainstorm.

xoxo
andrea

Posted by: Andrea at September 28, 2004 4:26 PM

hey. that's me!
i feel a little dirty too. but anything for fame and fortune.

Posted by: dan at September 29, 2004 12:49 PM
BuzzFeed
No boob is created equal, but sometimes that rule unfortunately applies to the pair on your own chest.
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. h/t BBC.
Grab yourself some water, you're about to be parched.
Add BuzzFeed to Your Site