November 17, 2004

Bush and Condi Rice in Love

It's official and on the front page of the New York Times today...Bush & Condi are in love.

Supposedly they're all lovey eyes while the rest of the administration rolls their eyes.

BushandCondiLove.jpg

Condoleezza Rice with President Bush at the White House on Tuesday when he announced that she was his choice to succeed Colin L. Powell as secretary of state. Questions abound as to her policy orientation.

Comments

Well she DID slip just that once and called Bush her husband and they DO work out together and watch football games together - how cozy.

from
"A pressing issue of dinner-party etiquette is vexing Washington, according to a story now making the D.C. rounds: How should you react when your guest, in this case national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice, makes a poignant faux pas? At a recent dinner party hosted by New York Times D.C. bureau chief Philip Taubman and his wife, Times reporter Felicity Barringer, and attended by Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Maureen Dowd, Steven Weisman, and Elisabeth Bumiller, Rice was reportedly overheard saying, “As I was telling my husb—” and then stopping herself abruptly, before saying, “As I was telling President Bush.” Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an item. A National Security Council spokesman laughed and said, “No comment.”

Posted by: mama at November 18, 2004 12:42 AM

Those loving eyes are the eyes of an adoring mother -- not a wife (Trust me I know, my wife has never, ever looked at me that way and she likes me). Condi see's little Georgie for what he is -- the greatest overachiever in the history of mankind. A large portion of this country is similarly blinded, me thinks!

Posted by: Bob at November 18, 2004 4:12 PM

Condi is doing the Prez. No wonder Laura drinks like a fish. Maybe she and Cheney's wife should go off together and leave the puppet master and the boy-nothing

Posted by: bee at November 28, 2004 12:50 AM

I'd rather see Condi with Anderson Cooper. Bush is just so damn wrong for her.. one is a frat boy who relied on his folks to baby him up to the Presidency and another is a girl who was a super genius who can speak several languages and was a consultant on Russian foreign policy before the big Demo push. Ew ew ew. At least Anderson is intelligent. Bush and Condi can only result in lazy Derek Jeter clones.

Posted by: Agulator at December 11, 2004 10:37 PM

condi rice is a smart intelligent woman carreer minded married to her job.

Posted by: Sam Deverell at December 30, 2004 9:09 AM

WHERE IS Condi these days. Is she getting some "work done" on those teeth? Or is she having the hooded eyelid job? We'll see a new condi, soon!

Posted by: anna at January 13, 2005 9:08 PM

Creepy

Posted by: Ron at January 20, 2005 1:07 AM

I do think that Bush gets a woody around Condi. One has to wonder why such an attractive woman is still single after all these years -- and don't feed me that "married to her career" b.s. Most of the successful career women I know manage to have active love lives.

I don't know. I do detect some Freudian attraction, if you believe in that sort of thing. Maybe Bush of the low I. Q. is just titillated by her. Maybe he fantasizes about what its like with a Black woman. Maybe he just gets tired of looking at Laura all the time.

Whats scary is that he's primitive enough to make this one of his top criteria for selecting cabinet-level nominees.

Posted by: martianpackets at January 28, 2005 12:12 AM