Comments

Wow! Ingenious... sick and very twisted, but ingenious. Although (truthfully) it's a toss up as to who's more twisted - Toby's owner or the people donating.

Imagine the potential, though, of this concept as a marketing tool... Picture an electrical company... "If you don't pay us $100M USD, we're going to let the reactor go critical - God as our witness!"

Immanual Kant and his Universal Principle of Right are rolling over in the grave - repeatedly. "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - Abraham Lincoln. Thank you, Toby's owner, for doing your part to support this maxim.

Posted by: |mr|Darcy at February 18, 2005 9:51 PM

I cannot believe people are sending money to this guy. I off another maxim; "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Posted by: Minla at February 19, 2005 9:27 AM

This is making me to sick to my stomach on so many levels.

Posted by: Jodi at February 19, 2005 4:16 PM

I think that site is disgusting. I agree with ms Peretti that giving money to these people is stupid. I had a bit of a free today so the ASPCA got a mail,

Posted by: SS at February 21, 2005 12:05 PM

I'd love to be outraged, but we all know he's not going to hurt the bunny. He's got 15k so far. I could use 15k

I'll be the first to be completely honest with myself - I wish I had thought of it first.

Posted by: buick at February 21, 2005 2:39 PM

Ya know, I'm not a criminal lawyer, but I think this dude is commiting a fraud.

Its like asking for donations for a kid with cancer and the kid doesn't have cancer. I know they have convicted people for that.

The question is: is it a fraud if he is allowed to eat the bunny.

I'm not sure he is allowed to eat the bunny under local laws. Does anyone know where this dude is located?

If he not allowed to eat a bunny (cruelty to animals), I do believe he is engaged in a criminal activity, involving interstate commerce.

UH OH, he may need the cash after all, for his defense.

Posted by: BOB at February 21, 2005 9:44 PM