March 15, 2005

Song Guessing Game!

Update: It's an R&B song.

Updated update: It's a currently popular R&B song.

Can you guess what song had me singing all passionate while driving in LA?!

The first person to guess correctly wins...continued reading rights! How motivating! Yay!

Hints abound below - stay focused.

This is how I look at the passenger when my favorite song comes on:

LAMarch05.2.jpg

Don't let the intensity escape you:

LAMarch05.6.jpg

And then I launch into it:

LAMarch05.3.jpg

'Extra Firm Hold' Smile in anticipation for chorus:

LAMarch05.4.jpg

Chorus:

LAMarch05.5.jpg

Wanna ride with me?

Comments

awesome andrea, awesome

now may I suggest that a webcam be placed there so we can witness the near karaoke delight.

Posted by: mike most at March 15, 2005 9:43 AM

doh! I forgot to guess, hmmm, is it "I DON'T WANNA LIVE WITHOUT YOUR LOVE" by Chicago - hah, probably not but I swear the shot of you belting out the chorus is the same chorus here: http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/li50.shtml

Posted by: mike most at March 15, 2005 9:46 AM

What up Harner? It's been a while since I've been on here. I do remember that look you give when Prince, Madonna or I'm Too Sexy comes on the radio.
I'm going to go with "Baby I'm a Star"

How's little bro, is he going to move?

Posted by: The Purple One at March 15, 2005 9:49 AM

I'm going to guess "Let's Get It On"...when that song comes on the radio, I tend to seranade whomever is around me whether it's a friend or the grandmother. Love it!

Posted by: beatls8 at March 15, 2005 10:18 AM

I was thinking Alan Parsons Project, "Eye in the Sky" until I saw you belting out the chorus.

As such, clearly that is a prince eye and its purple, I dont think Purple Rain really has a chorus like the one you are enjoying, so I'll go with:

"Lets go crazy!"

Posted by: BOB at March 15, 2005 10:20 AM

Uh oH, I screwed up, the eye is red, not purple. Clues, Clues, you've got your eyes closed (while driving no less), and your ear is poking thru your hair (a singer that is blind with good hearing?) is there some ray charles tune about eyes??

I'll stick with "Lets go crazy!"

Posted by: BOB at March 15, 2005 10:25 AM

Hmmm... a name, a name... the pressure of a name... Okay, my guess is:

"My Eyes Are Watching You" by up and coming Katie Levent... This is an R&B song with a Mediterranean flaire... some have even called the style "exotic" and "sexy".

Even if incorrect, I recommend checking out her music style at Katie's home page (http://www.katielevent.com).

Posted by: |mr|Darcy at March 15, 2005 11:23 AM

Nelly's "Ride With Me"?

Posted by: Jill at March 15, 2005 1:06 PM

Well, there goes my first guess of "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees.. hmm R&B.. Beyonce's Crazy In Love?

Posted by: Agulator at March 15, 2005 1:26 PM

Okay... A number of clues were overlooked in my initial guess to focus on (mostly) one image to the exclusion of other images and the nearby words - perhaps because of the emphasis on that clue in its associated image (the eye)... And reading other posters' guesses makes me think a size-up is needed.

Therefore, let's review some of the clues.

1. The song is reportedly an R&B tune that is played when you're feeling passionate. This is important because being angry, when coupled with Clue 2 below, is dan-ger-ous!
2. Driving may be involved because of the reference to "ride with me" in the chorus (as well as the act of driving itself). Hmmm...
3. A focus on the word "intensity" in conjunction with the eye - eyes watching or looking? Those red lasers issuing from the eye could be helped by several drops of Visine...
4. The need to hold tight... because it's in the lyrics or... the traffic was particulary bad when the photo was taken?
5. The song, based upon the observed body language, either (a) requires a deep level of conviction to sing properly or (b) requires a working knowledge of French to pronounce it correctly.

|mr|Darcy takes out the box of darts, runs an advanced search on Google (the closest thing the Web has to an ultimate answer machine), views the results (100 to a page), throws the dart...

Oops! Don't try that at home...

Before shattering, the dart hits the former flat screen between "Ride with Me" by Long John Hunter and "Ride with Me" by Meesah.

My final answer to Regis (using this impartial selection method) - there's much riding ocurring on the Web. While interesting, this answer has no bearing on the song's ultimate selection. Neither of the "Rides" had all the presumed hints above... So I go... to purchase a new flat screen and ponder the failure of Google as the utlimate answer machine.

Good luck to the guesser of this one!

Posted by: |mr|Darcy at March 15, 2005 2:04 PM

I'm ridin' in your car, you turn on the radio
You're pullin' me close, I just say no
I say I don't like it, but you know I'm a liar
'Cause when we kiss, ooh, fire

Late at night, you're takin' me home
You say you wanna stay, I say I wanna be alone
I say I don't love you, but you know I'm a liar
'Cause when we kiss, ooh, fire

Pointer Sisters "FIRE"

Posted by: SOHO SALLIE at March 15, 2005 6:25 PM

Andrea, Somehow I'm getting Macy Gray. The Id. Sexual Revolution. If it were me it'd be JayLo's All I Have. I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that.

Posted by: Minla at March 15, 2005 10:17 PM

Again Again... go out and drive your car and take pics again... what a great game!

:()