Comments

Ooh, you really do! They're adorable!

Posted by: Sam at June 14, 2005 8:30 AM

Hmmm... I hazard to say that those shoes seem abit more "tasty" rather than "cute".

But... the flooring?!? What were we trying to say there? |mr|Darcy tsk's away... Moderate-sized pimples and flecked volcanic rock are so not the drama with respect to the shoes!

People! Work with me!

Regardless, this is my last comment for... awhile (|mr|Darcy smiles at all the cheers). I got this awesome invitation to go play in the sand - similar to the invitation from two years ago, but at that time, the invitiation was limited to the woods.

If all goes well, I'll be back to bother all in about a year's time... Be nice and behave! And as the seven year old says, "See yeah, wouldn't want to be yeah!"

Posted by: |mr|Darcy at June 14, 2005 2:00 PM

I have seen similar shoes on the feet of many a young lady on the streets of NYC. But I must say, yours are by far the cutest/tastiest I have seen yet. Razzle-dazzle!!!

Posted by: Jodi at June 14, 2005 5:19 PM

Although I won't disagree with the shoes' heralded cuteness, it has to be contextualized. See having grown up in NYC, I am pretty sure that downtown of 91st St. those shoes take their place in the City's fashion driven mosaic. But from 91st and up you can be absorbed into the the colorful Latino/carribean manifest destiny induced poverty backdrop that is Spanish Harlem and Washington Heights. So its all perspectival. I mean I have seen shoes like that 25 years ago on the corner of 162nd st. and St. Nicholas being worn by a Columbian lady named "Anacleta" that was known for transporting discrete looking packages to the neighborhood. And no she didn't work for UPS.

Needless to say, I LOVE the SHOES and I luv NYC.

Posted by: Mr.Incredible at June 14, 2005 5:44 PM

My Motto: If it's Sparkly, I LOVE IT!

Posted by: GabbyGolightly at June 14, 2005 9:22 PM

They have a dimple just like Travolta's chin! Too cute.

Posted by: Tenny at June 15, 2005 12:12 AM

I though I am not a slave to fashion, I am a lover of fine art and poetry. Cute, I dare not say; but colorful, indeed. Oh, they look comfortable on your feet, so have fun wearing them Andrea,snd someone commented that they have a dimple like John Travolta, looks more like Micheal Douglas's dimple.

Posted by: David at June 15, 2005 12:08 PM

Oh no. I just noticed the "dimple". I think it's more reminiscent of -- good god, I can't believe I'm saying this here on adorable Andrea Harner's blog -- OK, so it rhymes with "hamill snow". :-S

Posted by: Jodi at June 16, 2005 11:16 AM