Comments

The reason I like you is because you share my desire to fight injustice in this world. I agree!

Posted by: Anil at July 26, 2005 4:17 PM

I hate hate hate taking off my shoes for airport security after I paid $120 for special "airport safe" shoes designed to NOT set off the metal detector.
Even more, I hate the look that the security agent gives me when I explain this to him/her.

Posted by: Dan at July 26, 2005 4:57 PM

Hey, you guys make me miss New York very much. I found your site on the net and you look like a fun couple. My name is Raymond and I went to NYU and have lived in New York(Brooklyn -Bayridge) all of my life. Currently I'm in the middle east on contract trying to win the war on terrorisim. I wish the both of you luck and I cannot wait untill this war is over so I can get back to NYC. I try to keep a blog, but internet access here is really not that good.
www.monacolife.blogspot.com

-Ray

Posted by: Ray at July 27, 2005 2:52 AM

This is really a good one.

Posted by: Paul at July 28, 2005 5:39 AM

Ha,Ha. I never had to take my shoes off until I went to NYC. I visited NYC for the first time in May and had soo much fun and you remind me of every awesome minute I had there. And the security people are soo mean! I left my ID in my purse that was on the other side of the metal detector at La Guardia and I got screamed at for it. Talk about people who hate their jobs. Yikes.

Posted by: Janaile at July 28, 2005 11:45 AM

I hate when they try 'em on just to see if they look cute on THEIR feet!

Posted by: Jodi at July 28, 2005 1:49 PM

Yeah, well, I hate gettin' blown up by terrorists, so I guess we can call this a push.

Posted by: Agulator at August 2, 2005 9:15 PM

I am an airport security screener, and while I understand that you don't like to take your shoes off at the security checkpoint, I'd rather you be aggravated/miffed and be safe. The reason you are asked to take off your shoes is so that we can x-ray them so that we can make sure you aren't hiding anything dangerous in your shoes. This is to prevent a Richard Reed type shoe bomb or a knife, etc. from being brought aboard the aircraft. Oh, and, the reason we give you funny looks when you explain that your shoes are airport friendly is that we've probably already heard that 800 times that day.

Posted by: Dave at August 17, 2005 4:02 PM

say you have a fungal infection---really loud.

you'll be whisked through and possibly wanded.

works.