October 19, 2006

Call to Action!! NYC NEEDS MORE MOVIE FILMING DISCRETION!

Listen up people. The buck stops here. And now. The New York City filming commission (or whatever) needs to exercise *a lot more discretion* when deciding what movie can film here!!

Let me explain: After class last night I walked down Fifth Ave towards Washington Square Park to meet Jonah on the other side of the park for dinner (sushi for two is an easy, rewarding and romantic menu choice). I was about to cross the park when I was stopped by kids (ok fine, early to mid-twenties PAs) waving red flags saying, "there's no southbound traffic through the park, but you can go east and west!!" People were generally compliant and complacent although a few people nearly wrestled the PAs to get into their building - their residence - their home. I made the mistake of asking, why the disruption? The answer: "It's a Will Smith movie about how he's the last person alive in Manhattan with zombies!!"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??!!! A WILL SMITH-ZOMBIE MOVIE???!!! AND HE AND THE STUDIOS MAKE A GAZILLION DOLLARS WHILE THE FINE, TAX-PAYING PEOPLE OF NEW YORK ARE MORE THAN TRIVIALLY INCONVENIENCED IN THEIR OWN CITY???!!

Now do you understand??!!!

P.S. Had it been a Woody Allen or Scorcese movie it would have been fine.

Comments

IMDB says that he's the last man alive in L.A., and it's vampires not zombies.

I wonder why they've changed it to NY? - Probably because a vampire movie in LA would be dumb.

Posted by: matt pie at October 19, 2006 11:29 AM

interesting read:

Posted by: matt pie at October 19, 2006 11:57 AM

whoops.

that last link wasn't a very interesting read. just embarassing that you all know that I was looking at elmo dolls on ebay.

THIS is an interesting read:

Posted by: matt pie at October 19, 2006 11:59 AM

So it's a remake of The Omega Man, starring Charlton Heston, my favorite B-movie of all time? No, please God, no. Next thing you know, they'll do a remake of my second favorite B-movie, Escape from New York. Oh, wait...
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/The_Omega_Man_DVD_cover.jpg

Will Smith has funny ears.
Adrienne Barbeau has some nice sugartits.
Mel Gibson is a God for coming up with that word.

Posted by: Hasan at October 19, 2006 12:25 PM

sometimes the City of Angels
=
the City of Zombies

they switched that sh*t to NYC to give Will some edge
man is wonderful, but whoa so soft

shot in LA- they'd be forced to call it
Another Night in LA

come to think of it, that can evoke a chilling response...since i just flew in today from the East Coast I'm a bit Zombie-like myself

Posted by: ko at October 19, 2006 8:29 PM

walked through wash park last night claiming i was a pa on the set, they didnt even ask for an id or pass, got some free coffee and bounced. next time just walk in there with an attitude, you might even end up in smith's kick-ass luxury bus that he travels in!

Posted by: Michael at October 20, 2006 11:05 AM