November 14, 2006

[Could you be] the most beautiful girl in the world?

Yes, Kate Moss, you are.

I think Kate Moss is the most beautiful woman in the world and I think it's weird that so many women feel this way about her too, yet she seems pretty personality-less (except if a fondness of coke equals personality). So I ask you, my dear readers who are equally ready to support and respect me as you are to burn me at the stake...Do you agree that Kate Moss is the most beautiful woman in the world?...and...Isn't is disturbing that the woman so many of us think easily holds this title seems to have much more personal style than personality? The obvious retort is that she's private and good at being private however I don't buy that. I'm not so sure I'd enjoy hanging out with her. So what do you have to say to that?!

KateMossbillboard2.jpg

* This post is dedicated to Anil Dash, Stuart Michie and everyone else who recognized the title of this post as a Prince song and to Peggy Wang for the great link after a discussion where we agreed on Kate Moss' superior style status and to Lily Whitall for loving Kate Moss as unreasonably as I do.

Comments

Wow, that song brings back a lot of memories...including an embarassing serenade. Thanks.

As for Kate Moss, she definitely had it at one point but she looks a bit too drugged out nowadays, don't you think?

Posted by: bo at November 14, 2006 10:47 AM

sorry, Chao-Li, but I really don't think Kate Moss is THE MOST beautiful woman. she is only an "okay" on my list--don't really read much about her, but a couple of TV interview I saw in Canada, definitely reinforced her personality-less-ness... I have been bumbbed with zillion pages of ad that she apparently signed up post-druggy scandal...I do get disappointed by those vendors' choices--DKNY, David Yurman, and Dior to name a few...

Posted by: reichi at November 14, 2006 12:20 PM

Yes, Kate Moss is the most "beautiful" girl in the world, because this kind of beauty IS only skin deep, postage stamp two dimensional on the letter that is the unknown her. Its not a knock on Kate. We don't know her (and the mystery) is part of this kind of "beauty".

Photogenic yes in a daliesque kinda way. Don't you just love photos!

Posted by: RL at November 14, 2006 1:05 PM

Yes...Kate Moss is the most beautiful girl in the world...
Which I guess means being white, photogenic, and "fill in the blank"/"your ad here"/billboard-ready is beauty -
sigh
well, when have we ever judged women on personality?

Posted by: ko at November 14, 2006 4:38 PM

she photographs well and maybe shes a fun girl but the most beautiful in the world?...i think andrea"s more beautiful and i saw a girl in whole foods last night who was also way more beautiful.

Posted by: tg at November 14, 2006 6:52 PM

I've had an unreasonable facination for Kate Moss ever since I saw low rez VGA pictures of her in Calvin Klein ads during the early days of the internet (don't ask how long ago!). It was only re-inforced by that jaw-dropping white stripes video more recently. Yowza. So yeh, as far as visual beauty goes, she's one of the most stunning creatures alive.

But who'd hang out with her? Smoking while preggers, hooked up with Doherty (yuk!), maaaassive coke fiend.... not exactly my ideal 'meet the parents' type of girl.

I'd definately ignore my concience for a couple of weeks though, should she deem me her ideal. ;)

Posted by: Davey at November 14, 2006 7:12 PM

I am so glad there are like 457 remixes of this song for me to enjoy. I have no opinion on Kate.

Posted by: Anil at November 18, 2006 2:50 AM

no! not pretty! shes a good model. but, say, eva green is much more beautiful.

Posted by: jackie at November 21, 2006 12:28 AM

She's pretty in her own way..but I wouldn't say she's 'the most beautiful woman in the world'. It takes a lot more to be just a pretty face on a cover of a magazine or billboard. I didn't like her coke scandal at all (irresponsible)...nor her choice in dating Pete Doherty (the dirty loser that he is) Such a CLASSY couple.

A good example is Angelina Jolie...Beautiful and a Humanitarian!

Posted by: Jill at November 22, 2006 2:11 PM