December 11, 2006

Forensic Psychology

I'm considering going back to school in Forensic Psychology. Ya or nay?

I make all my important life decisions based on blog reader feedback. Be a part of this twisted process!

Here's more reading to help you help me. I look forward to your thoughtful thoughts!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Comments

I say YAY!
Forensics in all its various realms is fascinating!
DO IT!!!!

Posted by: ko at December 11, 2006 5:52 PM

Isn't that what Jody Foster was in Silene of the Lambs? Coolest job ever!

Posted by: meredith at December 11, 2006 5:56 PM

ask yourself two things..

can you see yourself doing a good job at it (having an "eye" for people), and
of course, will you truly be happy with your job

did those two get cleared? if so, then do it!
interesting field, i might add.

Posted by: lk at December 11, 2006 8:19 PM

Great - but first come to China and illustrate my book, Eloise and Madeleine Take All of Their Pets to Shanghai to Visit the Zoo! Miss Harner, there is high demand from the creative industries for you, are you sure you are ready to give it all up to Forensics???

Posted by: amyinchina at December 11, 2006 9:48 PM

I say YAY only because I originally wanted to go into Forensic Psychology but ended up joining the Army instead. Now that I'm done with that phase of my life I want to get my Medical Degree =)

Posted by: Mike at December 12, 2006 1:22 AM

Wow, this is a new field that me know. May me have a little sugestion for you first before introduce any advice. Would you like to find out a bit about "transpersonal phsycology on hologram or holographic". Then if you don't mind and have time, can you tell me? BEST REGARDS AND SUCSESS

Posted by: kususanto at December 12, 2006 5:58 AM

oh ya may me sugest you to see the movie: "DEJA VU" (THE RECENT MOVIE)

Posted by: kususanto at December 12, 2006 6:01 AM

"Isn't that what Jody Foster was in Silene of the Lambs?"

Not quite, Clarice Starling was an FBI student who hoped to be assigned to the Behavioral Science Unit.

And of course you should go back, just to see how it feels.

Posted by: Hasan at December 12, 2006 11:12 AM

I read this post and most of your website then wondered how I even got here, I looked back and it was googling "Amy Sedaris" but I say "YA" because I too wanted to enter the program. But did you want to do the Doctoral program or the Masters? The Docorate is through the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and the Masters is through John Jay (long story about John Jay not being able to get accredited for the Ph.D after years of trying). I was also an Undergrad there. Well this is long so to wrap it up, YES and the best of luck to you.

Posted by: Toni at December 12, 2006 11:21 PM

are you able to tear yourself away from your elite and priviledged upbringing enough to be able to understand those very different from you? i ask this seriously and with respect.
consider this carefully.