April 17, 2007

Gunman kills 33 people at Virginia-Tech University, April 16, 2007.

In light of yesterday's horrific incident at Virgina Tech I am just hoping desperately and perhaps naively, that debate will result in a tightening of gun laws in this country. It is not rare that in public places I think, "it's possible someone has a gun right now". And that's not a nice thought. People are fragile. Sometimes all it takes is enough trauma to push you over the edge and boom, you kill over 30 people while searching for your girlfriend who surely wronged you in some way. Ugh. So sad.

17cnd-vt650.jpg

Comments

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families that lost a loved one and students at Virginia Tech. I was very saddened by what occured on Monday. My prayers go out to each and every one.

Posted by: Joyce at April 17, 2007 10:26 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all concerning this senseless tragedy.We are aware that the gun laws are crazy when 12 year olds are allowed to purchase guns without any questions asked as reported on CNN. I dont believe the situation will change, it will just become another 9 days wonder,leaving everyone asking"What price is the value placed on a life". Please try to open your hearts to those who are also hurting, most likely the family of the shooter, as I am sure they did not raise their son to perform such a terrible act.

Posted by: Annabelle at April 17, 2007 2:34 PM

I would like to give my deepest sympathy to all those affected by the Virginia Tech killings. I am from England and we are all thinking of you at this difficult time. This event was horrendous and nobody deserved the disastrous consequences of yesterday. Thinking of you all....

Posted by: Joe at April 17, 2007 3:54 PM

My families prays and condulences go out to the families and childern out there just remember GOD is always with you never give up your hope and faith stay strong God bless all of you. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU
The bondarenko family

Posted by: Terri bondarenko at April 17, 2007 4:04 PM

I would like to send my deepest regrets and sympathy to anyone suffering a loss at this time. I am from Ireland and just want you to know that many here are praying for you all.

Posted by: Chris at April 17, 2007 4:19 PM

As a college professor, this hits very close to home. This can happen anywhere... in the South, North, East, or West.
My thoughts and prayers go out to each student, faculty member, and family that have lost friends and love ones. My deepest sympathy goes out to all that have been touched by this senseless tragedy.
May God send His comfort and peace to each of you

Posted by: Linda at April 17, 2007 4:24 PM

I share your sadness and tears
Ron from Warrington England U.K.

Posted by: RONALD MALLIER at April 17, 2007 5:19 PM

If nothing else, this reminds all of us just how fragile life is. There is no explanation of "why" in situations like this. We may never know the why. I think all of us can re-examine our priorities and continue to live our lives in meaningful ways to honor those who had their lives cut so tragically short.
My prayers are with all of you at Virginia Tech.

I know from personal experience that time is the great healer, and tho you may never forget, you will be able to heal and live your lives in such a way as to honor those students and teachers who died.

God bless all of you.

Posted by: Jackie at April 17, 2007 5:57 PM

Being a teacher myself , this hit me very hard i value students education im a very dedicated teacher and i feel for the loss of life there yesterday! I want to take this time to let you know our community is very saddened by this episode and our condolances go out to the school, students and thier family as well, and the faculty as well, May god be with you during this difficault time!

Posted by: mike at April 17, 2007 6:12 PM

I feel so bad for all the students and families. My deepest sympathy goes out to everyone involved. Keep the faith and love!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Arleigh at April 17, 2007 6:56 PM

I live in Montana. I am so sorry for the loss all of you are experiencing right now. I will be praying for all of you through this hard time. I offer my deepest sympathy to everyone at Virginia Tech.

Posted by: Heather at April 17, 2007 7:35 PM

My husband and I wish to express our deepest sympathy to all of those who lost their Loved ones and those who must go on with everyday life. It will never be the same. We can't imagine how difficult that will be. Our prayers, Love and thoughts will be with you everyday. We will pray for God to be with you and to give you strength.

Posted by: Kathy Ledbetter at April 17, 2007 9:22 PM

My prayers and thoughts go out to all the families and the victims of this shooting. I live in Canada, Ontario and I've been watching all day I am so sorry about everything. I wish it never happened to you people and I really hope that in time everything will go back to normal and everyone can move on. But never forget those who lost their lives because some crazy kid walked though your school and started shooting. I hope everyone is doing ok and that it will get better for all of you I hope. Yours Truly Nicole MOurnahan

Posted by: nicole at April 17, 2007 10:31 PM

It goes without saying that what has occured is an incredible tragedy but what amazes me more is the media attention. The fact that everyone is clamoring for their fifteen minutes of fame in the light of such misery and death.Dateline setting up shop outside Virginia tech to get their story with sickening sentimentality before they swoop away as the proverbial vultures they are forgeting this tragedy and waiting with baited breath for the next.America loves death, it makes for good T.V. and yet is so baffled by the poor opinion formed of them.

Posted by: Jim Beam at April 17, 2007 10:53 PM

I'm so saddened by this tragedy and feel particular sorrow for all that lost children at the prime of their lives.These young people filled with promise and hope for the future.I have a small one of my own and can't imagine the grief they must feel.God bless you all.

Posted by: Lindsay at April 17, 2007 11:41 PM

its really sad about what happened and i agree that the u.s. needs better gun laws and that its too easy to get guns. i know that i will always remember what happened there and i dont like that some one can do this. what is it is security not good enough? why werent the class room doors locked like at some high schools? maybe we need better security!

Posted by: mike at April 18, 2007 1:14 AM