Comments

You are the cutest! :)

AH.com: Awww, thanks Elena! I think I'm more like a torpedo though.

Posted by: elena at March 12, 2009 4:09 PM

just curious, why did you post these pictures of yourself?
you look great, but i have to say i'm a little disturbed at seeing a half naked pregnant woman, though one day that will be me. as a woman who totally supports women in everything they do - including posting silly/sexy/irreverent photos of themselves, i'm surprised at my own response here, and wonder if maybe our visual systems really are innately wired (and indoctrinated by society) to see women as sex symbols, and when that clashes with something as obviously womanly as fertility and motherhood, something feels wrong.
of course, that could also just be my nulliparous body talking, because whatever the immense joys of motherhood, the thought of something taking control of my body still seems a little scary.
good luck to you and your torpedo :)

AH.com: Hi there. I think you have touched on a really interesting issue which is that society only allows women to be seen as sex symbols so it's disconcerting to see a near naked woman as something else: a beautiful provider of life. I thank you bringing this up as I knew it would come up for some people and I appreciate your honesty. Here at AndreaHarner.com, I'm always fighting the good fight for social justice! :-)

Posted by: nulliparous at March 12, 2009 10:42 PM

Oh my god, Andrea. You are too cute! Congratulations.

AH.com: Thanks Stephanie!

Posted by: Stephanie at March 13, 2009 8:52 AM

You look gorgeous! Thanks for posting the preggo pics, I just love them.

And no fair!!! The only place you seem to have grown is your belly. I'm 23 wks, my belly is only slightly bigger (just barely pregnant-looking), but my thighs have grown enough to compensate!

Congrats on being beautiful, fit, and pregnant!

AH.com: Thanks so much for your kind words! I am glad you appreciate them as only a fellow preggos lady can! And congrats on your pregnancy too!

Posted by: GNS at March 13, 2009 6:49 PM

Do women ever fall over from being pregnant? I mean the center of gravity gets severely shifted and all. And by the looks of it, your body hasn't compensated on the backside(in a non-sex symbol way, with regards to what nulliparous was saying). Though it is kind of neat, one has to admit. *mental high five with jonah*

I kind of miss the restaurant blog posts. Pregnant women have to eat too, don't they? I like pictures of food...

AH.com: ha ha ha...I miss the restaurant posts too! Yes, pregnant women definitely have to eat too but going out becomes a little more difficult. I promise I will post the next time we eat at a yummy place! BTW, had I posted what I ate for lunch today I don't think you would have been amused: beef chili at 1pm and then more beef chili at 3pm. No joke :-)

Posted by: Johan at March 13, 2009 8:36 PM

If it amuses anyone, I just googled ”pregnant women falling over”. I realized I couldn’t go to bed without knowing. First article I came across, “Why pregnant women don’t fall over” By New Scientist. For those craving scientific answers to questions normally raised by six year olds, behold the link: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13040-why-pregnant-women-dont-fall-over.html

I had no idea pregnant women and my hard rock crazed high school classmate share the same eating habits. Very interesting indeed.

AH.com: :-)

Posted by: Johan at March 13, 2009 9:39 PM

You look so great! Congrats again

AH.com: Thank you.

Posted by: Rita at March 13, 2009 10:39 PM

There's a sweet little baby in there! Actually, from the looks of it there's a sweet BIG baby in there!

Mad props for posting these pictures. You're gorgeous!

AH.com: Thank you! And OMG, Scarlett is ADORABLE!

Posted by: Amy K. at March 13, 2009 11:33 PM

OMG, you look GREAT--does that mean we/you and Jonah are having a baby g.?

AH.com: You'll have to see!! :-)

Posted by: reichi at March 14, 2009 11:36 AM

Holy cow...you look so adorable! I'm getting ready to try for a baby this summer and am wondering what the heck you're doing/eating to stay in such great shape? Share with the rest of us?

Stay healthy and can't wait to see Baby JonAndrea!!!!

AH.com: Thanks, Lisa! For me I think that it's 90% genetics and 10% lifestyle. I've never really been a sweets or junk food person. I walk every day although much less than I am accustomed to because I get winded. So I'd say, stay away from sodas, sweets and processed crap (which one should even when not pregnant!), eat lots of protein, fruits and veggies and you'll be fine. I'm excited for you! Best of luck!

Posted by: Lisa at March 14, 2009 2:43 PM

I love these photos, full of love and fun and happiness. You will be so glad to have them as the years go by. I remember giving birth and suddenly realizing, deep in my being, the primal, visceral connection between women throughout time and place - all of us linked by the process of birth. I suddenly couldn't believe how little thought and attention I had previously paid to the reality of women's lives. I proceeded to become a feminist, devouring fascinating books by feminist scholars while breast feeding my darling little girl, imagining new ways of seeing and dealing with the world being fed to her at the same time, fiercely vowing to make her life better than what I was reading about.

On a slightly lighter note... The globe seems deliberately placed. If so, nice symbolism and balancing of shapes.

Posted by: joan at March 19, 2009 1:07 AM

it makes sense to me now why Jonah has this pregnant fetish thing going on... Andrea how are you going to keep up with this?!
on a serious note my favorite is pregger cowgirl. Love that look for you.

Posted by: flatty at March 19, 2009 1:46 PM

oh I love my cute harn dog and all your 'nancy accessories. but dude-- this is the last time-- for years and years-- that you will be able to go out to eat with both hands (or without paying someone to stay with the kiddo), so get out there and eat. when i'm eating without the kids, which is rare, i find i've scarfed down my food in seconds since i'm so prepared to have to leave the table. don't regret meals unhad just because you can't pull all the way up to the table.

AH.com: Don't worry, I still go out to eat - even more than I'd like as it's healthier to cook at home. Just lazy with the cam.

Posted by: yay dogs and babies! at March 21, 2009 10:21 PM

OMG!!! You are so super cute!!! I just love love LOVE these pictures!!! And you are hilarious to wear those heart sunglasses all glam-like. Love it!!!

xo ko

AH.com: Thanks, KO! I know you sweat my glasses...

Posted by: ko at March 27, 2009 10:53 AM

Absolutely Gorgeous pictures... Just beautiful. Full of life and love. I feel a bit of nostalgia for my pregnancy's. There is truly nothing like carrying your sweet baby inside you and feeling life growing in you.... enjoy each second.

Posted by: Jenn at March 28, 2009 2:16 AM

Wow, no stretchmarks or anything! just beautiful smooth skin. I hope more people will be exposed to pics of pregnant women--I am a woman myself and i was like 'whoa she's so skinny, and her stomach is just so big'...then i realized how weird it was for me to be shocked. seriously...if women aren't used to images of pregnant women, how can we expect men to be?

Posted by: Sid at April 15, 2009 4:56 AM