Apparently, it wasn't a deer she killed, but a BEAR.
My mom told me that Nahna's apple tree was damaged by a bear so she called in people to catch it. Two days later they caught the whole bear family alive and killed one to scare the rest of them away. According to Nahna, in California, the total number of bears that can be killed annually is 1700 because of increasing bear numbers.
* I do not care to inquire about this incident further.
** The second I heard "the whole bear family," that was it. I don't care about the apple tree.
Nahna (in her high-pitched, sing-songy, saccharine voice): Hiiiii Aaaaandrea! I thought I missed your call so I'm calling back but maybe it wasn't you who called. Anyway, I thought I'd let you - animal lover - know thaaaaat (dramatic pause)...we killed our first deer of the season today!!! (Laughing, laughing, laughing).
* She really isn't as evil as this sounds.
** Deer are sweet and innocent.
Really, anything other than turkey is better than turkey but this takes the cake: a 6.5 pounder.
En route to SFO. Why of why does the weather in SF have to be colder than in NYC? It's an awesome 78 degrees in NYC right now...be back Sunday!
My cousin Roy's daughter (what does that make her in relation to me?) is proud of her mouth cavity:
* via my cousin Angelina!
* Thanks to Annie Maxwell for spreading the knowledge!!
From our visit to California in December '07:
* They've ditched us in NYC for a year while they do their sabbatical year at Stanford.
We had a wonderful night in LA with the Sekoff family. We watched Zach perform at the Roxy as part of the original School of Rock then we were treated to some of the freshest, most delicious sushi I have ever eaten at the serenely minimal restaurant Nishimura. I highly recommend this place and hanging out with my new BFFs the Sekoffs!
These two things:
1) While driving in Berkeley last month we watched a woman drive towards us with her dog in the passenger seat, lean over, kiss her pooch and continue driving without missing a beat.
2) Just a few minutes ago while walking back from the beach in Santa Monica to the car, I saw an older lady walking her dog and when her dog stopped walking for a few seconds she looked around then bent down and kissed her pup. There was no one but me when she looked around so I can only guess she sensed that I would understand. She was right.
Purpose of trip is to check out Scientology's Celebrity Centre. JK JK!!
We're going to Tom Cruise's.
Back to NYC on Sunday.
* Tracy, CA is where to be for Xmas!!!
** Thanks for the photo, JLa!! Beautiful models must have made your job pretty easy. LOLOLOLOLOL!
Here's my grandma who was runner-up for Minnie Mouse's voice, ran for congress for 17 years and regularly pulls up next to drivers she thinks have their music playing too loudly and yells, turn it down!
Love ya, Nahna!
* My Nahna Carol Harner and my bro Edward Harner in Yosemite, July 4th weekend.